5th Nov 2011 - 21st Dec 2011 -
What have we been up to?
Well we have made the most of the hot weather and on our days off have covered Sydney corner to corner.
- We went on the Sydney city and Bondi sightseeing bus. Even though we have seen a lot of Sydney already it was fun and touristy, and good to see new places as well as the best Sydney has to offer ie. the fish market- the largest in the Southern hemisphere, Central station, Anzac bridge, Darling Harbour, The Rocks, Opera House (where we had a nice cold beer), the Harbour Bridge (from every angle), Sydney hospital (formally known as 'rum hospital' when rum was used as trade/currency) then we headed to Bondi, Double Bay and Rose Bay where we had amazing views of the city skyline.
- We went to the Australia Museum and seen dinosaurs, Aussie animals and Aboriginal stuff.
- We had our 'Blue Sydney' Christmas party which was a harbour cruise, there was a seafood buffet and free bar all night. Me and Shan loved it and made the most of being on the harbour and took lots of photos of the amazing views of the opera house, bridge and the twinkling lights of the city- before getting stuck into the free booze and joining in with everyone with 'changing the lightbulb' dance moves. After the cruise some of us went to 'cargo' bar and Shan treated me to a humungous cocktail.
- Also been to the annual Bondi Sculptures, where artists and designers showcased their winning sculptures with a backdrop of the sea, on the coastal walk from Bondi beach to Tamarama beach. Was quite interesting, had a beer in 'Iceberg' with views of Bondi before cycling back.
- Another day off another activity, we cycled through the city before seeing a cruise ship at circular quay so stopped off for a beverage and watched the ship sail off. Then cycled round the rocks and had a Brazilian BBQ at King St Wharf.
- Also we went back to the Powerhouse museum and went to a Harry Potter exhibition where we seen all the outfits, props and wands and cheesily tossed a quaffle through a quidditch hoop.
- Been back to the cinema a few times, went to see The Inbetweeners movie (got free tickets at work), film was really funny- we were surprised the Australians got their sense of humour. Also been to see New Years Eve which was really good.
- I also got my hair cut, first time since I cut it in Krabi. I let Shan have a go at cutting it before I went to the hairdressers.
- Shan treated himself to a PS3 so I am now a COD widow. It's been celeb spotting central recently... - I have a girl crush on Natalie Imbruglia after she stayed at the hotel, she was very pretty and kind (gave me my biggest tip yet $50) and I asked her for an autograph.
- We have seen a slimmer Russell Crowe around the hotel quite a few times now.
- Joe Thomas and Simon Bird (Simon and Will) from the Inbetweeners stayed at the hotel during their film premiere. Shan got a photo and I asked Joe for an autograph for Shans brother Syd's birthday, he signed it in inbetweeners style 'birthday wanker'.
- Shan was very lucky to escort Mr James Cameron thee ultimate movie director, around the hotel, Shan thinks maybe for film location.
- Crown Prince Mary of Denmark was in Australia and she drove past work two days in a row with a convoy of police cars.
- Kevin Connolly who plays Eric 'E' in Entourage was at a restaurant on the wharf one day.
- Shan helped Orlando Bloom when he was looking for a cash point.
- Also seen not- so famous celebs (or local celebs we don't know) like Ricki Lee- a singer from Australian idol who had a photoshoot, Jessica Mauboy singer of Inescapable. Soa Palelei UFC heavyweight champion. Shan escorted Ruby Rose, model and presenter and is the most famous lesbian from Australia, up in the elevator. Also had British DJ Carl Cox stay. Can't wait to meet the Minogues now!! So it's almost Christmas even though the weather doesnt think so. It has been recorded as the coldest December in 50 years but it's not went below 17 degrees, but we have had quite a few rainy days but when the sun comes out, it's out and that hole in the o zone layer is really doing its job- hot, humid 28+ degrees on average.